The beauty of natural materials lies in its peculiarities and imperfections. Variations in the wood grain and colour, knots, medullary rays and other natural characteristics are inherent. These are far from flaws, but an intricate part of its character. We believe that these imperfections contribute to the charm of our products.
Ethnicraft designs furniture that adapts well to the hydrometrical conditions of its environment, although some cracking or movement may occur. Please do not be alarmed, this is a normal response to the furniture's environment.
Our TEAK range comes without any finish or protective treatment. The wood is merely polished, allowing the natural oils to rise to the surface. The high density of teak wood has the advantage that stains stay on the surface and do not penetrate the wood easily. Even with these characteristics, spills should be removed immediately.
Apply a protective coating to protect the wood from the start. We recommend Occulto Oil (9911). This will seal the pores of the timber and creates a natural protection. Stains and marks should still be removed immediately.
For regular dusting, use a dry cloth. For cleaning or in case of a spill, use a damp cloth and natural soap. Wipe in the direction of the grain. Do not use soap containing detergent or other chemicals. Dry with a soft clean cloth to prevent spotting.
To remove stubborn stains or superficial scratches, extra fine sandpaper can be used. Make sure you always rub in the direction of the wood grain.
We advise the following:
- Dust regularly using a soft dry cloth.
- For a more thorough cleaning, use mild soap and warm water. Rinse with clean water and wipe dry.
- Do not use steel wool, sandpaper, mineral acid, bleach, or chlorine cleaners on metal surfaces.
- Do not drag the furniture along the floor, as it might damage the protective coating, cause rusting or leave permanent marks on the floor.
- Always lift the furniture when moving them from place to place.
TIPS & TRICKS
- Ethnicraft products are intended for indoor use only.
- Recommended humidity in the room: between 40% and 60%.
- Ideal room temperature: 21°C during the day, not below 14°C at night.
- To prevent colour differences: do not place your furniture in direct sunlight, move objects placed on the furniture from time to time and open your extendable table on a regular basis.
- Avoid exposure to extreme conditions: do not place furniture near heating sources or air-conditioned spaces.
- To prevent staining, we recommend that any spills be removed immediately.
- When cleaning the surface, always work in the direction of the wood grain.
- Use place mats to prevent hot pots and pans, or cold glasses and bottles, from leaving marks on the furniture.
- Do not drag the furniture along the floor, always lift the furniture when moving.
- Always ensure water and solutions used to clean the floor do not come in contact with the furniture's base, as it might leave permanent marks.