Choose the size of a rug first. A rug that is too small, can cause a room to appear smaller and make the furniture feel disconnected, therefore, opt for a larger size rug. In an open‐plan room, a rug can define an area and enhance a room’s overall aesthetic.
3 QUICK TIPS FOR THE LIVING ROOM
- Select the rug size first.
- Go big. An inadequately sized rug may cause a room to feel smaller.
- Opt for a durable wool rug in high-traffic living areas.
3 QUICK TIPS FOR THE DINING ROOM
- The back of the chair legs should always sit on on the rug, even when being pushed back.
- Go with a rug the same shape as the table - a round table, round rug.
- Pure wool flatweave rugs are ideal for family dining areas.
3 QUICK TIPS FOR THE BEDROOM
- The rug should be underfoot when getting out of bed.
- Choose a soft, plush rug for barefoot luxury.
- Wool rugs deflect noise, therefore, Shoes, furniture, toys and pet feet are quieter on rugs.
ALWAYS USE A DUAL FELT UNDERLAY
DUAL FELT RUG UNDERLAY
A dual felt underlay it's a non slip underlay with a light adhesive on both sides. This can be used on both soft and hard floors and even heated floors.
The underlay is highly recommended for all wool rugs as it will extend the life of your rug and makes vacuuming much easier!
Some of the benefits of using Dual Felt Underlay...
- Helps to prevent stretching of the rugs shape over time
- Enhances walking Comfort
- Prevents rugs from creeping
- Improves impact / sound absorption
- Anchors rug to both soft and hard floors.
CARING FOR YOUR RUG
Follow the below steps for cleaning a wool or polyester rug:
- A GENTLE VACUUM REGULARLY. To remove any dust and debris.
- NO BRUSH OR POWERHEAD. Do not use a brush head or motorised power brush head on the vacuum cleaner. On loop-pile or highly textured weaves it will cause rug damage.
- SCOOP UP SOLIDS. Gently lift off as much of the foreign material as possible.
- BLOT, DON’T RUB. Use an absorbent white paper towel and blot out as much liquid as possible.
- DRY USING A COLD AIR FAN OR BLOT DRY. DO NOT SCRUB RUGS. It can cause permanent pile damage/disruption.
- DO NOT STEAM CLEAN. DRY CLEAN ONLY. Use a professional rug or carpet cleaner is highly recommended.
- DO NOT USE DETERGENT DIRECTLY ON A RUG. Clean with appropriate cleaning agents and ensure never to apply detergent directly to a rug. Always test any detergent/ cleaning solutions on an inconspicuous area of a rug f irst and if any damage is noticed f rom the cleaning product, the cleaning solution should not be used. Do not continue to use it if colour lifts off when blotted with a white paper towel or if a watermark remains on the rug from the cleaning product.
- A PROFESSIONAL CLEAN IS RECOMMENDED EVERY YEAR. Dry clean only by a reputable rug or carpet cleaner.